What is an expert review and why do I need it?
Where time is short and you need an immediate opinion as to
the usability of your product and how you can improve it, our expert
review service is an ideal starting point. On average, an expert review
generates at least 50 ways of improving your product.
By using Stamford's usability standards and guidelines
together with best practice heuristics from academia and other expert
sources, we can rapidly assess the usability of your product.
It provides two main benefits:
- The opportunity to review your product at whatever
design stage it's at. This will result in practical recommendations for
usability improvements that can be made immediately.
- The chance to assess your overall design programme to
see how it addresses usability issues and to find the best way forward
for a user-centred design approach.
What you get
We provide you with two main products:
- Results and recommendations workshop allowing the
interactive discussion and agreement of the way ahead for each
- A report containing:
- An executive summary
- A detailed discussion of each product design issue and the
recommendation put forward. Each recommendation is justified and
prioritised for action
- A discussion of the overall development programme with recommendations as to how best to accommodate user-centred design.
10 common usability heuristics or "rules of thumb"
- Visibility of system status
- Match between system & the real world
- User control & freedom
- Error prevention
- Recognition rather than recall
- Flexibility and efficiency of use
- Aesthetic and minimalist Design
- Error recovery
- Help and documentation.